Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Introducing Text & Texture: Agate

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the kick off for Papertrey Ink's April 2018 Countdown. Our new releases will all be available on April 15th at 10pm EDT, so keep an eye out. In the meantime, I have a project to share with you today featuring Betsy Veldman's Text & Texture: Agate Collection. This set is so trendy and super fun to use for masculine or tough tweener projects. I imagine I'll be turning to this set for my teenage brother's birthday card here in a couple of months. Enough chit chat! On to the project.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_TextTextureAgate_HopeYourBirthdayRocksCard

I began by watercoloring a panel using Tropical Teal reinker. I also sprayed the surface with pearl shimmer spray to give it a subtle luster. Once it had dried, I stamped the agate background onto the panel using Tropical Teal ink. Then, I stamped a second time with VersaMark and heat embossed using glitter embossing powder. I love the way it sparkles!

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_TextTextureAgate_HopeYourBirthdayRocksCard2

Next, I heat embossed my sentiment onto vellum using one layer of white powder and one layer of the same glitter powder. I trimmed it into a banner and then stitched the banner to the agate panel with a coppery gold embroidery thread.

LizzieJones_April2018_PapertreyInk_TextTextureAgate_HopeYourBirthdayRocksCard3

I adhered the card front to a white card base before embellishing with sequins (these came from a giant bag from a big box store, so I'm afraid I don't have a specific brand or color to share). I really love how much this card front shimmers despite the fact that it's impossible to capture in photos.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with more of the April 2018 release, but in the meantime make sure to check in with Amy, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie for more inspiration today! See you soon!

Supplies:
Hoping Your Birthday Rocks Card

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is beautiful!

Patti H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous! One of my favorite cards EVER!!

Kathy Mc said...

Beautiful, Lizzie! Can’t really see the shimmer but no doubt IRL it's delightful. Very trendy and artsy card!