Sunday, July 16, 2017

More Papertrey Ink July Release: Give Love & Cover Up Stamp Sets

Good morning and welcome back for more Papertrey Ink July release inspiration! I have a couple of projects to share today featuring Heather's Give Love set and Dawn's Cover Up: Diamonds and Cover Up: Quatrefoil stamp sets. Let's get to the projects!

Let's start today with a card that pairs the Give Love set with Cover Up: Quatrefoil. I used the sweet birds from Give Love the other day, so I decided to stick with the flowers from the set for today's card.

Floral Dream Big Card

I began by heat embossing the Cover Up: Quatrefoil pattern onto a white card base. Then I sponged over the pattern with Aqua Mist ink, leaving it intentionally splotchy in some areas. Next, I sprayed the surface with Glimmer Mist. That softened the splotchiness and made everything blend together nicely with the added benefit of shimmer.

Floral Dream Big Card 3

Next I heat embossed the sentiment from the set onto a vellum strip. I die cut a circle from a Dark Indigo card front and adhered sentiment in the window. Then I adhered the card front to the now-dry card base. It was still a little warped from the spray, so I pressed it under a stack of books overnight.

Floral Dream Big Card 2

In the meantime, I die cut the flowers and leaves from Give Love and stamped them with the coordinating images. I arranged the flowers on the card base and adhered them with flat and foam adhesives. A mix of both gives better dimension. I rounded the corners and tied on crochet thread bow to finish it up.

Supplies:

Next up today I have a card showcasing the Cover Up: Diamonds stamp set. This background took some time, but it was peaceful and fun so I didn't mind one little bit.

Cover Up Thinking Of You Card

To start, I heat embossed the diamond pattern onto watercolor paper using white powder. Then I watercolored the panel with a handful of coordinating Zig Clean Color markers. I just scribbled the pens I wanted to use on a large block and used a water brush to pick up and blend the colors.

Cover Up Thinking Of You Card 2

Once the panel was dry, I die cut it with a Noted rectangle die and adhered it to a white card base with foam tape. Then, I xyroned some Dark Indigo cardstock and die cut an It's The Thought sentiment three times and stacked them for stability and thickness.

Cover Up Thinking Of You Card 4

I stamped the companion sentiment onto a Tag Sale: Quilted banner and adhered both greetings to the watercolor panel. To finish, I embellished with a handful of sequins from the Sunshine & Rainbows kit.

Cover Up Thinking Of You Card 3

Doesn't it look like stained glass or something? I love it!

Supplies:
Well, that's it for me today. Thank you so much for joining me! I'll be back tomorrow with more inspiration to share. In the meantime, make sure to check in on Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Stephanie, and Wanda for more projects with these wonderful new sets. See you later, friends!

1 comment:

TeresaC said...

STUNNING cards, Lizzie!! Really wonderful!!
:)