Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Papertrey Ink Feature: Ivy & Bloom

Good morning and welcome to the May Papertrey Ink countdown! I have the pleasure of introducing a brand new set designed by Nichole Heady that I'm sure you're going to love. Ivy & Bloom includes several multi-step flowers, vines, and even a sweet, little bird. And the dies...holy smokes, ladies and gents! Just you wait. Without further ado, let's get on to the projects!

My first card today is a birthday card showcasing that little bird I mentioned before.

Birdy Birthday Wishes Card

I began by die cutting the bird and the vine from white cardstock. I stamped the bird in Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy inks. Then I used a sponge to add color to the vine.

Birdy Birthday Wishes Close Up

I dabbed the ink rather than blending it smoothly to give a bit of variation and depth. I wanted to make sure some areas were darker than others, so I sponged over them multiple times.

Birdy Birthday Wishes Card 2

Next, I die cut the stitched oval included in the coordinating die set from a panel of white cardstock. I stamped the music from Songbirds using Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise inks. Then I tucked the vine through the opening and adhered it on the back side.

Birdy Birthday Wishes Card Flat

Then, I sponged a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base to create a bit of sky. I stamped the sentiment and then adhered the top panel into place with foam tape. I added the bird with a bit of foam tape. Isn't he cute?!

Supplies:


Next up, I have a thank you card to share. I paired the Ivy & Bloom set with the new Keep It Simple: Thank You II set to create this card.

Ivy & Bloom Thank You Card

I began by stamping a floral pattern onto Classic Kraft cardstock using the Ivy & Bloom flowers and leaves. I used Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, and Fresh Snow for the flowers and Ripe Avocado and Olive Twist for the greenery.

Ivy & Bloom Thank You Card Close Up

I adhered that patterned strip to a Rustic White card base before adding a split Ripe Avocado card front on top with foam tape. I used Olive Twist ink to add a bit of depth to the Ripe Avocado panels before adhering them into place.

Ivy & Bloom Thank You Card Flat

Then I die cut the Keep It Simple Frame from Rustic White cardstock and stamped it with the sentiment in Dark Chocolate ink. I adhered the sentiment section of the frame to the card front and then tied Rustic Jute Button Twine around the card front. Next, I added the frame with foam tape, right over the twine.

Supplies:


And last but not least I have another birthday card to share.

Floral Birthday Wishes Card 2

I began by sponging a white card front with Spring Rain ink. I added speckles with clean water and reinker. Then, I die cut the large frame included in the Ivy & Bloom die collection from polka dotted Green Parakeet paper. I adhered just the very center of the frame to the card front, leaving the edges loose to give texture.

Floral Birthday Wishes Card Flat

Then, I die cut a stitched rectangle using the Noted: Scalloped Square Die Collection. I stamped the oval using Green Parakeet ink and added a few leafy branches in the same color. Then I stamped the sentiment using Smokey Shadow.

Floral Birthday Wishes Close Up

Next, I die cut several of the Ivy & Bloom flowers and stamped them with the coordinating images in the set (the index label has the images all clearly noted so it's easy to see which images go together).

Floral Birthday Wishes Card

I added the die cut flowers to the sentiment panel using different thicknesses of foam adhesive to give plenty of dimension. As a final touch, I embellished the flower centers with clear glitter for a bit of sparkle.

Supplies:


That's all I have to share with you for right now. I hope you've enjoyed today's post! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, Heather, and Stephanie for more of this month's release. Have a great day!

3 comments:

merryf said...

All three of these are lovely but my fave is the second -- that rustic look just draws me in. Such a gorgeous card with that stamped panel! Thanks for the inspiration!!

TeresaC said...

Lovely projects Lizzie!! Such fun!!

Sandy M said...

All three cards are very pretty. Love the second one the best.