Tuesday, May 16, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Ways To Say: With Sympathy

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back for another day of Papertrey Ink May Release (which is now available) inspiration! Today I have a project to share featuring Heather Nichols's new set Ways To Say: With Sympathy. No one loves creating sympathy cards, but this set includes a nice variety of phrases that come in handy when the need arises. Enough chatting...let's get to it!

I'm Here For You Card

I began by adding a watercolor wash to watercolor paper using Gansai Tambi paints. You could get a similar look with reinkers though if you prefer working with those. I let that dry completely and then die cut it with the new Mix & Mat: Herringbone die, designed by Betsy Veldman. I also die cut a set of the photo corners from the same watercolor paper.

I'm Here For You Card 3

Next, I stamped the woodgrain pattern onto a Royal Velvet card base using Background Basics: Woodgrain. I love this set for all sorts of reasons, but especially for more delicate topics. I find nature soothing, so I like to use it for notes relaying my condolences.

I'm Here For You Card 4

Then, I stamped the morning glories from Morning By Morning and the sentiment from Ways To Say: With Sympathy onto the die cut mat. I embellished the flower centers with clear glitter to give them a delicate sparkle.

I'm Here For You Card 2

I tied white crochet thread around the mat and attached that whole piece to the card front with foam tape. Then I attached a vellum butterfly and the die cut photo corners as finishing touches.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with Nichole Heady to see who else has projects to share. Enjoy your day and I'll see you again tomorrow!

Supplies:

3 comments:

merryf said...

Stunning! I too hate to make sympathy cards, and unfortunately I need several right now, so I'm thrilled to see your inspiration.

Marilyn M said...

What a striking card! Love the purple.

Sandy M said...

Very pretty card. Loved seeing a different flower from the set