Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Papertrey Ink 2017 Anniversary Set

Good morning! Today the Papertrey Ink Design Team is getting together to introduce this year's anniversary set, Grand Finale.


I’ve only just begun to explore all of the potential styles achievable with this year’s anniversary set. I had fun going in a cheerful, casual direction for today’s card, but I can imagine sophisticated embossing, elegant monograms, and gorgeous watercolor techniques in my future, too. I love sets like this one that get my imagination running even before I ink up my first image!

Grand Finale Hello There Card

I began by sponging a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto a white cardstock panel. Then I used diluted Aqua Mist reinker to add speckles. I used a few different concentrations to give a nice variation in color and I really like the way it turned out. Once the background had fully dried I stamped the square, ferny image in Prairie Grass ink sponged with Olive Twist for depth.

Grand Finale Hello There Close Up 2

I followed that with the flowers in Summer Sunrise sponged with Canyon Clay. The berry clusters came last stamped in Terra Cotta Tile. Next, I used the Edgers #1 die to give the white panel a decorative edge. I cut second layer from Terra Cotta Tile and layered the two. I adhered a strip of Aqua Mist patterned paper to a white card base and then mounted the focal layer to the card base with foam tape.

Grand Finale Hello There Close Up

Then, I stamped an additional square frame onto white cardstock and trimmed out the inside of the frame shape. I stamped the sentiment in Terra Cotta Tile ink and adhered the square to the card front with foam tape. As a finishing touch, I used Glossy Accents to add a bit of shine to the berries. I can't wait to try some of the other styles I have in mind!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on NicholeBetsyDawnHeatherKeewayLaurieMelissaMichelleStephanie, and Wanda for more inspiration with this year's wonderful set. Have a great day!

Supplies:

2 comments:

merryf said...

WOW. This is stunning. I love it turned as a diamond. I can't wait to get this in an upcoming order. I am inspired!

Nancy Penir said...

Completely captivating colors, and also love the image made into a diamond shape. Beautiful!