Thursday, April 20, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release - Quoted: Start Again

Good morning and welcome back for one more day of projects featuring the Papertrey Ink April release (all of the new products we've been sharing over the past several days are now available for sale on the Papertrey website)! This morning I'm sharing a card with Nichole Heady's new Quoted: Start Again set. This mini set includes a large quote surrounded by a beautiful, detailed floral illustration. I think the image would look lovely watercolored, embossed in with metallic powder, or even simply stamped. Today, I've decided to color it with Copic markers.

New Beginning Card

I began by sponging watercolor paper lightly with Aqua Mist ink. The idea isn't to create bold color, but rather add just a hint of background. I chose to use watercolor paper because the texture would add a nice, subtle variation in the background color.

New Beginning Card Close Up


Once the sponging was dry, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment. I used black pigment ink and clear powder since I knew I wanted to add color with markers. I did just that, coloring with Copics. 

New Beginning Card Embossing

Next, I used a stiff-bristle brush and diluted Aqua Mist reinker to add speckles. I adhered the watercolor paper layer to a white card base. Then, I die cut the Noted oval from the center of a Classic Kraft panel, creating a frame. I added texture to the frame with the Woodgrain impression plate (one of my all-time favorites).

New Beginning Card Flat

I finished up by attaching the frame to card front with foam tape. I thought about adding glitter to the flowers or sprinkling on sequins, but in the end I decided that the simple, natural look was best. Sometimes, as the saying goes, less is more.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in at Nichole Heady's blog to see more of this month's release. Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:

No comments: