Sunday, April 16, 2017

More Papertrey Ink Release: Cloche Quarters & Spring Fillers

Good morning and Happy Easter! I'm popping in today to share a card that I created with Betsy Veldman's new Cloche Quarters and the coordinating Spring Fillers sets (now available on the Papertrey Ink website). I am so completely charmed with these sets. Betsy added so many gorgeous, homespun details to these images and I can't wait to use them again.

For today I decided to create a housewarming card using the rustic wooden cloche and the beautiful little bird house. I have a serious soft spot for bird houses and this one is no exception.

New Home Cloche Card


I began by impressing the Mix & Mat: Scallops shape into a Classic Kraft card base and set it aside. Then, I die cut a Rustic White layer using the Noted: Scalloped A1 Die Collection. I stamped it with the cloche base, grasses, and sentiment. Next, I stamped and die cut birdhouse onto another piece of Rustic White.

New Home Close Up

Then, I trimmed a sliver of Classic Kraft cardstock and rolled it around in my fingers until it got soft. Once it was nice and pliable I crunched it up into a nest and adhered it to the birdhouse before adhering the birdhouse atop the cloche base. Next, I ran a scrap of Rustic White cardstock through my Xyron before stamping and die cutting the cloche cover. Then, I die cut another cloche cover shape from clear cardstock. I Xyroned a strip of coaster and die cut two additional cloche covers and then layered the pieces like so: stamped cardstock, clear cardstock, coaster, coaster. The result is a dimensional cloche cover with a realistic, shiny finish.

New Home Flat

I attached the cloche cover to the Rustic White panel atop the birdhouse. I added foam tape to the back of the Rustic White panel and adhered it to the card front in the center of the embossed area. I just love how this turned out!

Thank you so much for joining me! Make sure to head over to Nichole Heady's blog to see who else has projects to share with you today. Have a wonderful day!

Supplies:

No comments: