Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Papertrey Ink March Release - Day 5

Good morning and welcome back for Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink 10th Anniversary Countdown! I've had so much fun with my projects these past several days and I thank all of you for visiting me as I've shared them. Your kind words and enthusiasm are truly appreciated. I have another project to share with you featuring Offbeat Birthday this morning, so let's get to it.

Your Year Card

I started today's card by lightly sponging and splattering Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base. I die cut a Cover Plate: Scallops shape from white cardstock and layered that on the card front.

Your Year Sentiment Close Up

Then I die cut an Aqua Mist rectangle using the Noted: Scalloped Square Die Collection. I heat embossed it with a sentiment from Offbeat Birthday and I mounted it to the card front with foam tape.

Your Year Butterfly Close Up

Next I stamped and die cut two butterflies from Butterfly Hope. I used Orange Zest ink on the inner wings and Summer Sunrise on the larger, outer ones. I used a colored pencil to add a bit of shading to the inner wings before stamping the body in Smokey Shadow. I layered the butterflies and then used crystal glitter to add sparkle to the body and antennae tips of the top butterfly. I folded up the wings a bit and attached the completed butterfly to the sentiment panel. I finished things off with a sprinkling of Sunshine & Rainbows sequins.

Supplies:


Thank you all so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Nichole, Betsy, Heather, Lexi, Michelle, and Wanda for even more inspiration. Have a great day everyone!


3 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love your card and that scallop die plate is one of my faves, love seeing it used again!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card! Love the font on that fun sentiment.

Janet B. from WV said...

So you just made me put the scalloped cover plate on my wishlist...