Monday, March 20, 2017

More Papertrey Ink March Release - Butterfly Hope & Make It Market Mini Kit: Bloom & Grow

Good morning! The Papertrey Ink Design Team is sharing the last of our March release projects today and I'm featuring Butterfly Hope by Heather Nichols and Betsy Veldman's new Make It Market Mini Kit: Bloom & Grow!

Let's start today with Butterfly Hope. I used the stamp set and Cover Plate together on this card.

Great Appreciation & Hope Card

I began by sponging Aqua Mist ink onto linen cardstock before stamping a pattern with Background Basics: Splats. Then I die cut the Cover Plate: Butterfly Hope shape from white, Tropical Teal, Harvest Gold, and Pale Peony cardstocks. I trimmed the center out of Tropical Teal die cut and adhered the frame on top of the white die cut.

Great Appreciation & Hope Close Up 1

Then, I sponged the butterfly wings with contrasting inks and inlaid the colorful pieces into white die cut. I adhered the butterfly die cut to the patterned panel. I embossed the sentiment from Butterfly Hope onto vellum die cut with a Half & Half die and stitch it to the butterfly frame on the card front. I then attached the card front to a white card base and embellished the butterfly bodies with glitter.

Great Appreciation & Hope Close Up 2


Supplies:

And last but not least I have a birthday card made with the Make It Market Mini Kit: Bloom & Grow.

Bloomin' Birthday Card

I began by die cutting the bouquet from Fresh Snow Linen cardstock and sponged on leaves and flowers using the stencils included in the kit. Then I added extra details and sentiment by using the Bloom & Grow stamp set. White gel pen dots were the perfect accent on several of the blooms.

Bloomin' Birthday Pot Close Up

Then, I die cut the pot and sponged it with Summer Sunrise ink and stamped Crackled texture using the same ink. I die cut the pot accessories from Orange Zest, sponged with matching ink to add depth, and adhered them to the pot.

Bloomin' Birthday Card Flat

Next, I sponged Spring Rain ink onto Fresh Snow Linen card base and speckled with water. Once it was dry, I die cut with the Noted Vertical card base die.

Bloomin' Birthday Bouquet Close Up

Then I die cut a frame using Noted layering dies from Fresh Snow Linen stock. I stamped the plaid with Background Basics: Super Stripes in Harvest Gold ink. I attached it to the card front with foam tape and then adhered the flower pot in opening. Betsy is so clever, isn't she? I just love how the bouquet can slide in and out of the pot to reveal the message!

That's all for me, friends! Thank you so much for joining me today. Make sure to pop over to Nichole Heady's blog to see what the rest of the ladies have in store for you. I'll see you soon!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Such a cheerful birthday card...can't wait for my PTI goodies to arrive to start creating!

jan metcalf said...

Pretty birthday card!!