Sunday, March 19, 2017

More Papertrey Ink March Release: Nesting and Botanical Letters

Good morning, friends, and welcome back! Today the Papertrey Ink Design Team is sharing more inspiration using the newly released March stamps and dies. I have projects to share featuring Betsy Veldman's Nesting set and Nichole Heady's Botanical Letters, so let's get to it!

I'm going to start this morning with Nesting. This is a gorgeous stamp set and it has become a fast favorite of mine.

Welcome Little One Card

I began this card by sponging a bit of Spring Rain ink onto a Rustic White card front. I speckled that with water to add a bit of texture and, once it had fully dried, stamped it with the sentiment and branches. I used second generation (meaning I stamped off once before making my impression) Cocoa Bean ink to keep things nice and soft on the branches. Then I added a woodgrain texture to the panel by using the new Woodgrain Stencil as an impression plate. That's the beautiful thing about this metal stencil - it can do double duty as an impression plate! I adhered that panel to a Classic Kraft card base and set it aside for a moment.

Welcome Little One Close Up

Next, I stamped and die cut the nest from Rustic White cardstock using blended Fine Linen and Classic Kraft inks. I added the vine in Spring Moss and Prairie Grass inks and the little eggs in Lemon Tart and Harvest Gold. Then I used the new Cover Plate: Nesting Die to cut the leaves for the branches. I sponged each one with Spring Moss ink and curled them a bit before attaching them to the card front. I love the dimension the curled leaves add to the branches!

Supplies:



My second card for today features Botanical Letters.

All You Need Card

I began by die cutting a Rustic White card base using the Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection. I stamped that with the basic letter forms using Ocean Tides ink and added the Wonderful Words: Love sentiment in Pinefeather underneath. I used Pinefeather ink to add the leaves to the letters, followed by Lovely Lady, Autumn Rose, and Scarlet Jewel for the flowers.

All You Need Close Up

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to line up the floral embellishments. Nichole designed the clusters with cleverly placed elements to make it a breeze. I tied Rustic Jute Button Twine around the card base, finishing in a bow at the front. And then, as a final touch, I added Glossy Accents to the itty bitty berries in the floral clusters to make them shine. I had a rustic wedding in mind while making this card. It would fit the bill nicely, don't you think?

Supplies:



Well, that's all for me today. Thank you for joining me this lovely morning! Make sure to pop in on Nichole's blog to see who else has inspiration to share. I'll see you again soon!

3 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Your nesting card is as pretty as can be!

Cindy H. said...

What lovely cards!

Jane C. said...

You've outdone yourself on that nesting card! The colors are so soft and beautiful. Thanks for sharing.