Friday, March 17, 2017

More Papertrey Ink March Release: Shadowed Sentiments

Good morning and welcome back! The Papertrey Ink March release is now available and the Design Team is sharing a little more inspiration using the new products. Today I have a card featuring the new Shadowed Sentiments stamps (if you're looking for my Design Team Tips post about building backgrounds click HERE).

I love the bold and graphic style of this set! It's so striking that you don't need much to make a statement.

It's Your Day Card

I began by stamping the sentiment using Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, and Pale Peony inks. I trimmed that out by hand and set it aside. Then, I stamped the sunburst from Shine onto a white panel using Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal inks and mounted it to an Aqua Mist card base with foam tape.

It's Your Day Close Up

Next, I sponged Harvest Gold ink onto white cardstock and die cut that with the Small Sketched Stars Die. Why use sponged white cardstock instead of regular solid cardstock? Mostly just because this way I can get a little variation in color. Anyway, I adhered the stars to the card front and embellished them with crystal glitter. Then I added the sentiment to the card front with foam tape. I love how it looks like the sentiment is coming right off the front of the card!

It's Your Day Close Up 2

It's simple, but like I said before, these sentiments are so striking that you don't need much to really create something fun. This layout would also work well for ladies or gents depending on color choices. You could substitute the glitter for Glossy Accents to make it more gender neutral, too.

Supplies:



Okey doke! That's all for this post. Thank you so much for popping in today. I'll see you back here again soon with more inspiration. In the meantime, make sure to head over to Nichole's blog to see who else has projects to share!

No comments: