Thursday, March 16, 2017

More Papertrey Ink March Release - Quoted: Move Mountains

Good morning, friends! I just thought I'd pop in quickly today with one more project featuring the Papertrey Ink March release. The new products are all in the store now (and at a discount until 10pm Eastern time tonight), so everything you see here is available to purchase if you're so moved.

Today's card pairs the new Quoted: Move Mountains mini with the dotted frame die in the Mix & Mat: Flourishes Die collection.

Move Mountains Card

I love the sentiment in the Quoted set and I wanted to keep this card fairly simple so the message could really be the focus. I began by die cutting the frame into a panel of watercolor paper. Then I heat embossed the images from Quoted: Move Mountains using white powder. I used my Zig Clean Color pens to watercolor the image. I did a pale blue wash of color over everything (except the sun; I avoided that) inside the framed area. Next, I went back in with the gray, orange, and green to add fairly simple color.

Move Mountains Close Up

Once the watercolor was completely dry I stamped the sentiment using Ripe Avocado ink. You really want to make sure the background is totally and completely dry because the Papertrey Inks are water soluble. That means if you rush it and your background still has moisture present your sentiment will bleed. Booooooooo. I used foam tape to adhere that panel to a Canyon Clay card base. Then I used a clear Wink Of Stella pen to add just a touch of glitter to the snowcaps on the mountains. It's a subtle touch, but I think it was just enough.

Supplies:



Ok! That's all for me today. Make sure to check in with Nichole to see what else she has to share this morning. I'll see you again very soon!

1 comment:

nancy said...

That's a lovely card, Lizzie. I appreciate the subtlety you achieved.