Monday, March 13, 2017

More Offbeat Birthday

Good morning and welcome back for Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink 10th Anniversary Countdown! Have you been checking in to Nichole's blog to play along with the challenges over the past few days? There are so many prizes up for grabs! I have a couple of additional Offbeat Birthday projects to share with you today; one sweet and one sassy.

Let's start with the sweet card this time around.

Too Much Happy Card

I began by stamping the stack of presents from Gifts Of The Season in Hibiscus Burst and Harvest Gold inks onto Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. Next, I embellished a piece of Confetti Toss patterned paper with glitter and adhered it to an Aqua Mist card base. I created a frame by cutting the large oval from the Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection from the center of a panel of Aqua Mist cardstock. I sponged Aqua Mist ink around the outer edges before impressing the frame with the By The Numbers Impression Plate.

Too Much Happy Close Up

I adhered that over the patterned paper card front and mounted the presents into place using foam adhesive. I stamped and die cut a trio of Aqua Mist bows and adhered them to the stack of gifts before embellishing with more glitter. Then, I die cut a Raspberry Fizz banner and heat embossed it with white powder. I die cut an additional banner from Harvest Gold patterned paper and layered the two before adhering them to the front of the card with foam tape. I love all the sparkles!

Supplies:


My second card is on the sassier side.

29 Again Card

I began by stamping the striped "29" several times in a rainbow of colors. Once those impressions had thoroughly dried I stamped the "29 again?" sentiment over top in True Black ink. Then, I die cut three of the smaller Fun Frames shapes from white cardstock and adhered them together for depth. I used a pale gray Copic to add soft color to the top frame and adhered the whole piece into place.

29 Again Interior

Next, I stamped a second sentiment from Offbeat Birthday inside the card with True Black ink.

29 Again Close Up

I finished the card off with a handful of Sunshine & Rainbows sequins sprinkled in for good measure. I can imagine giving this card to a girlfriend who, despite the fact that the has teenage children, insists that she has yet to turn Dirty Thirty. Ha!

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with more inspiration, but in the meantime Nichole, Betsy, Heather, Laurie, and Lexi have more to show you. See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Fun birthday cards! Love your sassy card :)

Gina said...

One of my closest friends always celebrates her 29th birthday (just out of silliness, not because she's that vain) -- and so I cannot wait to use the sentiments you paired, Lizzie. Perfect!!! I *love* the oval window on the first card, too - I would never in a million years think to do that (you know, I'm over here in my box). Fun, fun stuff today!

merryf said...

Oh this Offbeat Birthday set makes me smile! Your two cards are fabulous!

Leslie S. said...

This Offbeat Birthday set has my name all over it!!! Your cards are too fun!