Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Quick Crafts For The Holidays

Good morning and welcome back to Day 3 of Papertrey Ink's September countdown! Today is all about quick crafts. It never fails...I always have grand plans for my cards, packaging, and tags for Christmas and as the holidays draw near I run out of time to get to everything. The products we're sharing this morning will help me easily pull together those last-minute projects without skimping on style.

First up today I'm sharing an ensemble I created using Heather's new Jingle All The Way stamp set.

Merry Merry Merry Christmas Ensemble

These projects came together in a snap and who doesn't love that?! Let's start with the card.

Merry Merry Merry Christmas Card

I began by sponging a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto a piece of white cardstock before die cutting it with the Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical die. Doing the sponging first keeps the effect very soft. Then I stamped the "merry" sentiment repeatedly to create a background pattern.

Merry Merry Merry Christmas Close Up

I heat embossed my sentiment onto Pure Poppy polka dot paper and adhered my panels into place. I embellished the sentiment with the holly from Script Swirls: Christmas and added a bit of red baker's twine to pull that pop of bright color in one more time. Cute and easy!

The tag was just as simple.

Merry Merry Merry Christmas Tag

I sponged another piece of white cardstock with Aqua Mist ink before die cutting the Enclosed: Present shape. I stamped the "merry" three times in a stack and snuck "christmas" below in Pure Poppy. Then, I die cut and stamped the Enclosed: Present bow and added it to the top of the gift with foam tape. I die cut a Tag Sale: Quilted shape from Green Parakeet paper and added Pure Poppy stripes to dress it up a bit. I then attached my present with foam tape. I love how this ensemble came together!

I have a Christmas Cuts tag trio to share with you today too. This stamp and die collection could seriously not make holiday tags any easier!

Layered Christmas Cuts Tag Trio

These tags are all layered with the back layer being embellished in some way and the top layer being heat embossed with a sentiment from the coordinating stamp set. You could make them even quicker by not fussing with the embossing if you were really in a time crunch.

Peace On Earth Tag

On this snowflake tag I used xyroned white cardstock for the white layer. After the two pieces were adhered together, I used fine Crystal glitter and a silver rhinestone to give the snowflake sparkle. The top layer is Dark Indigo and the sentiment is set in silver powder.

No Peeking Tag

The trees tag uses more stippled snow and a tiny gold rhinestone to add interest to the Pinefeather layer. The white top layer is finished with a gold embossed sentiment.

Very Good Tag

I used xyroned Pure Poppy cardstock on the ornaments tag along with Luxe Gold Adhesive sheets and fine Garnet Glitter. The white top layer includes a gold embossed sentiment as well as a "To:/From:" stamped with Pinefeather. I'm definitely making more of these tags. They look like they took me forever, but they actually came together in a few minutes.

That's all for me today. Make sure to pop in on Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Heather, Kay,Laurie, Melissa, and Erin for more of these quick holiday projects! See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Merry Merry Merry Christmas Card
Stamps: Jingle All The Way, Script Swirls: Christmas - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy Polka Dot Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Cherry Baker's Twine - Divine Twine

Merry Merry Merry Christmas Tag
Stamps: Jingle All The Way, Enclosed: Present, Plaid Builder - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Green Parakeet + White Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Enclosed: Present Die; Tag Sale: Quilted Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Crochet Thread

Layered Christmas Cuts Tag Trio
Stamps: Christmas Cuts Sentiments - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Dark Indigo, Pinefeather, Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Christmas Cuts Tag Dies - Papertrey Ink; Fine Garnet, Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Gold, Silver Embossing Powder - Filigree; Tiny Rhinestone - Mark Richards; Medium Rhinestone - Darice; Opaque White Pigment - Copic; White Crochet Thread

9 comments:

Gina said...

I love this die collection, Lizzie! Great tags or even ornaments that you can make the focal point of a card.

jan metcalf said...

Cute, Merry, merry, merry..... Christmas card!

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful tags and card! I love your new tag dies!

Noreen said...

Beautiful, clean and simple tags! Great die collection.

Greta said...

The last 3 tags are absolutely stunning! Love the word used for the background, too! You always inspire me--thank you!

Renee said...

Love those black and white tags...
simply perfect!

MelissaF said...

Beautiful cards and tags, love the CAS designs!

nancy said...

Christmas Cuts are a great idea and I love how you used them. With just the right amount of glitter, these tags are wonderfully sophisticated.

Anonymous said...

I am interested in where you purchased the Christmas cut tag dies