Thursday, September 15, 2016

Release In Review

Good morning and welcome back for this month's Release In Review post for Papertrey Ink's new release countdown. I have a few more projects to share, so let's get to them!

I'd like to start today with a card I made with Holiday Greens, Holiday Greens Borders, and Keep It Simple: Happy Holidays.

Happy Holidays Geenery Card

I started by stamping a Rustic Cream card base with the cypress image in Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse inks. Then, I added a couple of pine boughs in Ripe Avocado and Olive Twist. From there, I stamped and die cut a variety of Holiday Greens foliage.

Happy Holidays Geenery Close Up

Next, I die cut a Sentiment Splits: Horizontal Angle shape from Pure Poppy cardstock and sponged it with Americana ink. I heat embossed the Keep It Simple: Happy Holidays sentiment and adhered that layer to the card front. Then, I arranged the Holiday Greens images and adhered them to the card front with flat and foam adhesives. A Rustic Jute twine bow was the perfect finishing touch on this rustic number.

Next up is Maile's Splits: Merry & Bright set. I wanted to keep this card fairly cool and wintery.

Merry & Bright Splits Card

I started by partially die cutting the Splits: Merry & Bright frame from white cardstock. I stamped the image from the set using Spring Rain ink and then heat embossed the sentiment in the opening. Next, I sponged Winter Wisteria ink onto a white card base.

Merry & Bright Splits Close Up

I mounted the Splits panel into place with foam tape and added a strip of silver foil paper below the bottom edge. Then, I used clear rhinestones to embellish the Splits frame.

And lastly this month, I have a tag made using Dawn's Ombré Sentiments: Christmas.

Jingle Bells Tag

I began by die cutting the Tag Sale #9 shape out of Green Parakeet and white cardstocks. The white layer was stamped with the stripe border from Candy Cane Christmas using Pure Poppy ink. I also included the "to:" and "from:" from Keep It Simple: To & From in Smokey Shadow ink.

Jingle Bells Tag 2

Next, I heat embossed the sentiment from Ombré Sentiments: Christmas onto my Green Parakeet Tag. I then stamped the polka dots in Green Parakeet and sponged around the edges a bit with New Leaf. I tied the two tags together with Pure Poppy Twill and embellished with a single jingle bell and a bit of white crochet thread. I can't wait to use this tag one someone's package this year. The bell really makes it!

Thank you so much for joining me today! The other ladies are sharing the rest of their release projects too, so make sure to pop in on Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, KayLaurie, and Melissa for more beautiful projects. Have a great day and I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Happy Holidays Card
Stamps: Holiday Greens, Holiday Greens Borders, Keep It Simple: Happy Holidays - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Olive Twist, Cocoa Bean, Dark Chocolate, Americana - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Holiday Greens, Split Sentiments: Horizontal Angle Die, Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Merry & Bright Card
Stamps: Splits: Merry & Bright - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Luxe Silver Adhesive Sheets - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Splits: Merry & Bright Die - Papertrey Ink; Rhinestones - Mark Richards, Kaisercraft, Darice; Foam Tape - Scotch; Silver Embossing Powder - Filigree

Jingle All The Way Tag
Stamps: Ombre Sentiments: Holiday, Cane Cane Christmas, Polka Dot Basics III, Keep It Simple: To & From - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Green Parakeet - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Tag Sale #9, Pure Poppy Twill - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; White Crochet Thread; Jingle Bell - Darice

10 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Love the rich color on your first card, and the jingle sentiment is so cute on your tag!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous projects! That tag is so fun!

Colleen said...

awesome inspiration! Love your stamp set!!

Diana K said...

Oh Lizzie, your Holiday Greens card is stunning and my heart may have skipped a beat. I will DEFINITELY be blending some Americana ink onto Pure Poppy card this holiday season.

Luanne said...

I've loved all your creations this release. Just wonderful!

Sharon said...

That Holiday Greens card is stunning!! Really, I loved all your projects this release! You're so talented!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Gorgeous cards!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

karen h said...

Your Holiday Greens card is so wonderful - love the rich colors and fun layout. Very inspiring!

Betty Wright said...

All of these are fantastic! I did choose to play along with the top card! LOVE it! Beautifully done!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, your first card here using Holiday Greens is my all-time favorite. Also love your Merry and Bright with all the white space and your adorable tag! Thanks for another fabulous newsletter, too.