Monday, August 15, 2016

Release In Review

Good morning and welcome back to the Release In Review for the Papertrey Ink August countdown. It's been a super fun release with some wonderful new products and I have several projects to share to wrap things up for this month. Let's get to it!

First up, I have a card using both Betsy's Inspired: Blessed and What The Doodle: Tea Time sets.

Blessed Beyond Measure Card

I used two of the Noted dies to create the frame and then used an embossing sandwich to get the pretty scallops on the inner cut. I created a little table scene with a strip of Classic Kraft stamped with Background Basics: Woodgrain and a triangle of Lovely Laurels paper cut using another Noted die. I sponged a bit of Harvest Gold ink on the card base before stamping the steam (sponged rather than tapped on the ink pad to give it subtlety) and sentiment and adhering the frame.

Blessed Beyond Measure Close Up

The tea cup was stamped and die cut from white cardstock and colored very simply with Copics. I adhered it in the frame's opening with foam tape and embellished the tiny dots in the image with fine glitter.

Next is a Thanksgiving card made with Maile's newest Splits: Giving Thanks set.

Giving Thanks Splits Card

I began by stamping the frame pieces separately and on an angle on a piece of Rustic White cardstock using Cocoa Bean ink. I randomly added in extra leaves and heat embossed those in gold. I also colored in the acorns with a Copic, being careful to avoid the lines so I wouldn't get smudges.

Giving Thanks Splits Close Up

I adhered that front panel to a Simply Chartreuse card base and then heat embossed the sentiment onto a strip of Terra Cotta Tile cardstock. The sentiment strip was then mounted to the card front with foam tape. I really love the impact of the gold embossing on this simple design. It makes things just a teensy bit fancy.

On this next card I've paired Dawn's Give Thanks sentiment with her Enclosed: Apple and Lexi's new Alphabet Soup for a teacher appreciation card.

Count My Blessings Card

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Pencil Me In patterned paper and punched a few "binder holes" before adhering it to a Classic Kraft card base. Next I stamped the Alphabet Soup background onto Berry Sorbet cardstock with Pure Poppy ink and die cut it with the Enclosed: Apple die. I sponged around the edges with additional Pure Poppy ink and embellished with a Classic Kraft stem and Green Parakeet patterned paper leaf.

Count My Blessings Close Up

I mounted that to the card front with foam tape and added a Wonderful Words: Teacher die cut that I'd stamped in Aqua Mist ink with the coordinating stamp set. Perfect for letting your favorite teachers know how much you appreciate their hard work on behalf of your kids.

Next I've used Kay's Spooky Smiles set with the Text Block: Halloween die for a sweet Halloween card.

Trick Or Treat Text Block Card

I began by stamping and die cutting the witch's hat from Kay's set before coloring it with Copic markers. I used a Wink Of Stella glitter pen to embellish the sash and set it aside for a moment. Then, I sponged a piece of Winter Wisteria cardstock with Amethyst Allure and Royal Velvet inks before die cutting with the Text Block: Halloween die.

Trick Or Treat Text Block Close Up

I trimmed out the cobwebs from that die cut and layered the frame and the words onto a second shape, this one cut from vellum. I added a narrow Orange Zest mat and attached the hat with foam tape. That whole piece was adhered to a white card base that I had already stamped with the stars in Script Swirls: Birthday using Limeade Ice ink.

Up next is the second of Kay's sets for this month, Stylized Autumn. Don't you just love Kay's designs?!

Happiest Season Card

I began by stamping the leafy image onto a panel of Spring Moss cardstock using Ocean Tides and Pinefeather inks. I textured that with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and adhered it to a white card base. Next, I die cut the tag shape from white cardstock and sponged on a bit of Ocean Tides ink before stamping the sentiment in Dark Chocolate. I tied on a faux button (cut with the Buttoned Up #2 die) with Rustic Jute Button Twine and mounted the tag to the card front with foam tape.

Happiest Season Close Up

I then stamped the fox onto white cardstock with Canyon Clay ink and added sponged Terra Cotta Tile to deepen the color. I die cut the fox and adhered it into place on the tag using foam tape.

Last but not least, I have a wedding tag created with Maile's Fancy Foliage stamps and dies.

Wedding Wishes Tag 1

I began by sponging a piece of white cardstock with Aqua Mist ink. I die cut that with the Tag Sale #8 die and added texture by embossing with the Cover Plate: Quatrefoil die. I layered that piece with a frame cut using the same tag die and set it aside.

Wedding Wishes Tag 2

Then I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of vellum and die cut it with the coordinating die set. I adhered it to the tag with foam tape, hiding it behind the berries. I embellished with clear rhinestones and a Fancy Foliage Details shape cut from Silver Foil Adhesive paper that I'd attached to white cardstock. Simple and elegant.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Amy, Ashley, BetsyDanielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa to see the rest of their August countdown projects. Have a great week, everyone!

Recipes:
Blessed Beyond Measure Card
Stamps: What The Doodle: Tea Time, Background Basics: Woodgrain, Inspired: Blessed - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft, Make It Market Mini Kit: Lovely Laurels Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: What The Doodle Tea Time Die, Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Markers - Copic

Giving Thanks Card
Stamps: Splits: Giving Thanks - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White, Simply Chartreuse, Terra Cotta Tile - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Cocoa Bean - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Gold Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Marker - Copic

Count My Blessings Card
Stamps: Alphabet Soup, Give Thanks, Wonderful Words: Teacher, Enclosed: Apple - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Classic Kraft, Pencil Me In Patterned Paper, Green Parakeet + White Patterned Paper, Fresh Snow Linen - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, True Black, New Leaf, Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Other: Enclosed: Apple Die, Wonderful Words: Teacher Die - Papertrey Ink; Crop-A-Dile - We R Memory Keepers; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

Trick Or Treat Card
Stamps: Spooky Smiles, Script Swirls: Birthday - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Winter Wisteria, Orange Zest, Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet, Limeade Ice - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento
Other: Text Block: Halloween Die, Spooky Smiles Die - Papertrey Ink; Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen - Zig; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron

Happiest Season Card
Stamps: Stylized Autumn, Bitty Background Blocks II - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, Canyon Clay, Terra Cotta Tile, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Other: Stylized Autumn Die, Tag Sale #2 Die, Buttoned Up #2 Die, Woodgrain Impression Plate, Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron; Plastic Wrap

Wedding Wishes Tag
Stamps: Fancy Foliage - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Silver Foil Adhesive Sheet, Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko

Other: Fancy Foliage Die, Fancy Foliage Details Die, Tag Sale #8 Die, Cover Plate: Quatrefoil Die - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft, Mark Richards; White Crochet Thread; Organdy Ribbon

8 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Such gorgeous cards! Lizzie, I love all the little details you add to cards but still keep it clean and simple.

Nancy Penir said...

OMG, I love that tag! Your work this week has been amazing! Loved each and every one!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous cards, but the wedding tag, over the top!

Diana K said...

You could have tried a bit harder, Lizzie. ;) Because of you I need the fox. Thank you. Love all of them this morning, but my first gasp was your teacher apple card with Alphabet Soup, then the fox, and then the tag. You make me want it all!

Lucie Renee said...

Thanks for showing us the combination of vellum, white ink and silver paper. I would like to try that on several things. So pretty.

Sandy M said...

Such stunning examples. Love the cute fox and the teacher card.

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards and tags! Your creations are simple yet must haves!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Love your cards, FAVORITES-What The Doodle And Stylized Autumn-AWESOME!!!

Cariños,
María Alba