Sunday, May 15, 2016

Release In Review

Good morning, everyone! Welcome back for my Release In Review post for this month's Papertrey Ink countdown. It's been a great release and I'm excited to show you how I've used these wonderful new products.

Let's start with Erin Lincoln's Sweet Dreams set.

Christmas Pajamas Tag

I paper pieced the footie pajamas and paired them with the Christmas pjs sentiment and a tree from O Tannenbaum to create this super sweet tag. I sponged a Tag Sale #10 shape with Aqua Mist ink to give the tag a bit of background before stamping the tree and adhering the footies.

Christmas Pajamas Tag Close Up

The sentiment was heat embossed onto a Sketched Shapes banner and attached to the tag with foam tape. I'll have to send this along to my sister before the holidays this year. She gets her kiddos Christmas jammies each year, so hopefully she'll love it.

Next up is Maile Belles's Splits: Thank You.

Splits Thank You Card

I love that you can add just a hint of color to these Splits sets and they still look amazing. I stamped both sides of the main image in a sort of diagonal border across a white card front. Then I added two shades of coral pink to the blooms with my Copics.

Splits Thank You Close Up

I stamped the sentiment on an angled layer and gave that piece a thin gold mat before adhering it to the card front with foam tape. You could knock out a whole set of these in no time and they look so chic!

Betsy Veldman's Paper Clippings: Thinking Of You is next.

Thinking Of You Wreath Card

I began by sponging a pale, Aqua Mist background onto a piece of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I stamped the wreath image over that sponging and added the sentiment on top. Next, I trimmed the bottom edge with the Edgers #1 Die and adhered that panel to an Aqua Mist card base that I'd stamped with a Super Gingham strip.

Thinking Of You Wreath Close Up

Then, I stamped and trimmed out the flowers and leaves. I attached those to the card front using flat and foam adhesives before adding a sprinkling of the sequins included in the Sunshine & Rainbows kit. A baker's twine bow finished it off nicely.

Betsy's Inspired series continues this month with Inspired: Praise.

Praise The Lord Card

I began by sponging a light Lemon Tart background onto a white card front. I added a musical strip and the leafy branch from Songbirds before stamping the sentiment from Betsy's new set. Next, I die cut another leafy branch, this one from Bitty Dot Vellum, and adhered it to the card front with foam tape.

Praise The Lord Close Up

I also die cut one of the detailed birds in the Songbirds die collection and sponged it with Berry Sorbet ink before backing it with a solid bird die cut. I attached that to the card front with foam tape before rounding the bottom corners. A sprinkling of more Sunshine & Rainbows sequins (I seriously can't get enough of those sequins) was the perfect embellishment.

And last but not least is Nichole's Keep It Simple: God Bless The USA mini set.

4th Of July Card

I know this set is one that has been oft requested, so hopefully there are a number of you out there that are super pleased. I began by sponging Enchanted Evening ink onto the back of a piece of star vellum and setting it aside to dry. Then, I die cut a Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonal Die twice, once out of white and once out of Pure Poppy. I trimmed a few of the stripes out of the white cut and backed that area with the inked vellum.

4th Of July Close Up

I adhered that whole piece to a white card base and inlaid the Pure Poppy stripes in the open areas in the Cover Plate. Next, I die cut a Keep It Simple Frame shape and heat embossed it with the sentiment from the set. I added a patterned strip to the frame using the banner image from Canned before attaching the sentiment banner to the card front. I'm ready for some fireworks!

Thank you for joining me today. Make sure to pop in on Nichole, Amy, AshleyBetsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa for more inspiration using this month's new releases. Have a great week, everyone!

Recipes:
Christmas Pajamas Tag
Stamps: Sweet Dreams, O Tannenbaum - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Sparkle & Shine Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: New Leaf, Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Sketched Shapes Die, Tag Sale #10 Die, Pure Poppy Saddle Stitched Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Crochet Thread

Splits Thank You Card
Stamps: Splits: Thank You - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: White, Gold
Ink: Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento
Other: Markers - Copic

Thinking Of You Card
Stamps: Paper Clippings: Thinking Of You, Background Basics: Super Gingham - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Fresh Snow Linen - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Aqua Mist, Vintage Jadeite, Mint Julep, New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink
Other: Edgers #1 Die, Sunshine & Rainbows Sequins - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Lemon Bakers Twine - Divine Twine

Praise The Lord Card
Stamps: Inspired: Praise, Songbirds - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Sheer Basics Bitty Dot Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Mint Julep, Berry Sorbet, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink
Other: Songbirds Die, Sunshine & Rainbows Sequins - Papertrey Ink; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; Foam Tape, Vellum Tape - Scotch

4th Of July Card
Stamps: Keep It Simple: Bless The USA, Canned - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Sheet Basics Star Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko

Other: Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonal Die, Keep It Simple Frames Die - Papertrey Ink; Silver Embossing Powder - Filigree

14 comments:

Colleen said...

Love them all but my favorite is the Praise Him card, gorgeous

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful cards Lizzie, but have to agree that the Praise Him card is just stunning...love it!! :0)

Kelly S. said...

Awesome projects this month, Lizzie! I just love your flag card!!

Peege said...

Love the Fourth of July card. Such a creative use of the vellum and coverplate!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards, Lizzie! Love the Fourth of July card - very unique!

jan metcalf said...

Your songbird card is so pretty!

Cindy O said...

Beautiful! The flag card is stunning - what a great combination of stamps, dies, vellum, and card stock with a BIG bunch of creativity!

Susan B. said...

So many great cards. It is just hard to have a favorite. Love the songbird and flag card.

Diana K said...

Thank You and Praise The Lord! Those two cards are especially gorgeous and I might have to CASE them.

Nancy said...

Lovely cards, but my fav's are the 4th of July and the splits cards. Great idea to show the versatility of the Splits stamps, I wouldn't have thought to use it that way, love it!

Mary W said...

Your Praise card is one of the prettiest cards I've ever seen. So simple, delicate and beautifully colored.

Leslie S. said...

Gorgeous cards Lizzie! Love the 4th of July card - so creative!

cmoch said...

Love all your cards, but must say, the tag took the prize.

TLady said...

LOVELY JOB LIZZIE!!!! ;) Now, for ME to figure out how I can make cards JUST AS STUNNING!!! LOL THANK YOU for the inspiration Lizzie! I LOVE ALL of your cards! ;)