Monday, February 1, 2016

February Color Play

Good morning, friends! It's a new month and you know what that means...it's time for the Papertrey Ink Color Play feature. This month we're playing along with this photo:

Source

Isn't that lovely? I was immediately drawn to this photo in part because it included two of Papertrey's newest colors. It's also such a cheerful backdrop that I couldn't help but smile. I thought those pretty pinks would be ideal for giving Dawn's new Bold Blossoms Watercolor Sheets a try, and who can resist the opportunity to color?

Floral Belated Birthday Card

I began by simply adding color to one of the sheets with watercolor markers. I used several colors, mixing here and there to stay as close to the inspiration photo as possible. Once I was finished painting and the panel was dry, I adhered it to a Mint Julep card base. Next, I used the Basic Bookmark #2 die to cut a sentiment banner from another coloring sheet (Save those goof-ups! You can use the back for things like this).

Floral Belated Birthday Close Up

I stamped that with a sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday in black ink. Then, I stamped the outline flowers from the Bold Blossoms set onto the sentiment banner using ink colors that coordinated with the surrounding flowers. I then tied on a silk bow and attached the sentiment piece to the card front with foam tape. I love how easy these coloring sheets make simple and quick cards!

Well, that's all for me today. I hope you've enjoyed today's post. I'll see you back here again before too long. The Papertrey Ink anniversary festivities are almost here. Are you ready?

Have a great day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Bold Blossoms, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Mint Julep, Bold Blossoms Watercolor Sheets - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Lovely Lady, Sweet Blush, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink; Versafine Onyx Black - Tsukineko
Other: Basic Bookmark #2 Die, 1/4" Silk Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Zig Clean Color Markers

2 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

As you can tell, I'm behind in perusing blogs and commenting. Love the simplistic beauty of this card. Who knew it was printed paper...if we weren't in the know? So excited the Anniversary Festivities have started! Great new avatar...almost didn't recognize you on Nichole's designer collage. Very cute, Lizzie!

Diana K said...

I'm in love with this card, Lizzie! Beautiful colours.