Thursday, December 31, 2015

One Big Happy - Papertrey Ink December Freebie

Good morning, Friends! I have a quick little ditty to share today featuring the One Big Happy December freebie set from Papertrey Ink.



Today is the last day to snap one up with your qualifying $100 purchase on Papertrey Ink's website, so if you've been hemming and hawing don't hesitate (orders have to be in by 11:59pm EST) . It's a wonderful little stamp set and it even comes with coordinating dies! Let's take a peek at what this mini powerhouse can do!

Happy For You Card

I began by die cutting the word "happy" from a panel of Berry Sorbet cardstock and then heat embossed the "for you" in white below. I mounted that to a white card base using foam tape and set it aside for a moment. Next, I die cut the flowers and the leafy vines from Turning A New Leaf. I stamped the leaves onto the Simply Chartreuse die cuts with Ripe Avocado ink.

Happy For You Close Up

The flowers were rock 'n rolled using a mix of Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Berry Sorbet, and Pure Poppy inks. I added the flower centers with Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, and Canyon Clay inks before giving them a quick coating of clear Wink Of Stella to make them shimmer. I attached the leaves to the card front with flat adhesive and then added the flowers with a mix of flat and foam adhesives. I then added Glossy Accents to the flower centers to seal in the glitter and give them an extra pop of dimension. I love how easily this card came together thanks to that cute floral mini. Definitely a great staple to have on hand!

Thank you so much for joining me today! Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and I'll see you again tomorrow morning with a brand new Color Play project. Ta ta!

Recipe:
Stamps: One Big Happy, Turning A New Leaf - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: One Big Happy Die - Papertrey Ink; Wink Of Stella - Zig; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Glossy Accents - Ranger

2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card, Lizzie! I'm so glad I got this little set. I love the script on the "happy", it's so pretty and easy to read :)

jan metcalf said...

Love the negative cut! Pretty card! Pretty colors!