Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Color Play

Good morning, friends! Can you believe that it's already September? With the start of another month comes shiny, new Papertrey Ink Color Play feature. This month we're playing with this photo, found on Emily K's blog.


Summer has been lovely this year, but I’m ready for crisp, cool days, turning leaves, and apple picking, so this photo spoke to me right away. Of course, with cool days comes the occasional sniffle, so I thought this would be the perfect time to get ahead and create a get well card to have on hand, just in case. It's never a bad idea to be prepared for such things.

Feel Better Soon Card

I began by die cutting the Cuppa Love die from white cardstock. I stamped it with the coordinating stamp set using this month's color palette. I decided I wanted my mug to be a tiny bit shorter, so I trimmed off the bottom section and stamped the scalloped border from Be Happy in Berry Sorbet. I decided I wanted the little hearts to stand out in a very subtle way, so I heat embossed those with clear powder to give them just a tiny bit of shine. Then I die cut the coordinating tag and heat embossed it with one of the sentiments from the set using white powder.

Feel Better Soon Close Up

Next, I stamped a Soft Stone card base with a couple of the swirly images from Remember to look like steam. I attached the tea tag to the mug using crochet thread and then mounted the mug to the card front, trimming off the handle overhang. It's clean and simple and ideal for cheering up a sick friend.

Well, that's all for me today. I hope you'll play along with the colors this month. Enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cuppa Love, Be Happy, Remember - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Limeade Ice - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Ripe Avocado, Enchanted Evening, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Cuppa Love Die - Papertrey Ink; Clear Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; white crochet thread

No comments: