Friday, August 1, 2014

August Color Play

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Papertrey Ink's August Color Play feature! This month we're playing with this photo from Bakerella's blog:



Aren't these colors delicious?! This bright, cheerful palette spoke to me right away. I absolutely loved how sweet the gumdrops looked all stacked together. Maybe it was my sweet tooth taking over (it wouldn’t be the first time), but I just couldn't help but be inspired.


I began by stamping a piece of white cardstock with the random scallop border from Ombre Builders in all of the colors in this month's palette. Next, I die cut that piece using the Phrase Play #5 die and trimmed out the word "happy" from the frame. I die cut a piece of Limeade Ice to layer behind the stamped frame and fill in the missing word. Then, I glittered the "happy" using a Martha Stewart glitter that is a similar color as Limeade Ice. While that was drying I stamped and heat embossed "day!" onto a Berry Sorbet card front using white detail powder. I followed up with polka dots in VersaMark. Finally, I adhered the Phrase Play die to my card front with some foam tape. It's a simple card, but I love how colorful it is without being overwhelming.

That's all for me. Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope this month's colors motivate you to play along. If so, make sure to link up your project on the Inspiration Archive post over on Nichole's blog so we can all see what you've been up to. Have a great day and I'll see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Phrase Play #5, Ombre Builders, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Limeade Ice, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Limeade Ice, Tropical Teal, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Phrase Play #5 Die - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Golden Beryl Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts

3 comments:

Diana K said...

Love how cute and fun this is, Lizzie! I think I need Ombré Builders if only for that random scallop border.

Unknown said...

Those colors scream summer!! The card can be used for many occasions.

Brenda Hall said...

Ah, that is amazing!