Sunday, June 1, 2014

June Color Play

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this month's Papertrey Ink Color Play feature! This month we're playing with a palette pulled from a photo of a vibrant flamingo strolling on the beach.


I loved the  contrast of the bold bird against the coastal tones of the beach and couldn't wait to find a fun way to play with them.


I began by texturing a Classic Kraft card base with the Linen & Canvas impression plate. I set that aside while I stamped my focal panel. I used a handful of sets (listed below) to create the raindrops. They were stamped using Spring Rain, Aqua Mist, and Hawaiian Shores inks before being embellished with a bit of Glossy Accents here and there. Next, I stamped my sentiment using Hawaiian Shores ink. I matted that panel with some Aqua Mist cardstock and added the whole piece to the card front with foam adhesive. Then, I die cut some clouds from white cardstock and used a mix of flat and foam adhesives to add them atop my raindrops.


Next, I die cut an umbrella shape and stamped it with the coordinating imagery from Scattered Showers using Pure Poppy and True Black inks. I embellished the umbrella with a strip of Aqua Mist striped paper and coated the strip with fine crystal glitter for some sparkle. That was then mounted to the raindrop panel with more foam tape. Just a sweet note to have handy when I want to spring a little extra love on my fella. Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you'll play along with this month's Color Play on the Inspiration Archive on Nichole's blog. I'd love to see what you create!

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Recipe:
Stamps: Feather Finery, Holiday Cheer, Foodie Fun - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Aqua Mist, Aqua Mist Striped Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Pure Poppy, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Linen & Canvas Impression Plate, Scattered Showers Die Collection, Cloud 1 & 2 Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Dana said...

This is fabulous Lizzie. Love those raindrops!

Suzanne Russell said...

Wonderful card, Lizzie. I love the textural details, especially the aqua mist trim on the red umbrella and the glossy raindrops!

jan metcalf said...

Love the colors!

Randi said...

If those colors don't scream "summer"..... :-)