Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Introducing The Text Block: Friends Die

Hello again, friends and welcome back to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink March new release countdown! I mentioned yesterday that I had a couple of things to share this month, but I only introduced Putting Down Roots (hmmm...curious...). Well, that's because I was saving an additional debut for today! I have the pleasure of announcing the second installment of the Text Block Die series. This one is all about friends. We also decided to make a few adjustments to the measurement to make it compatible with your favorite pocket scrapbooking supplies. Ready to see a couple of samples?

I've been loving rainbows lately. I'm not sure if it's the cheerful colors or the hint toward Spring, but rainbows have been on my radar in a big way. I wanted to try and incorporate a rainbow in one of my cards today. I gave it a go and I have to say, I'm pleased at how it turned out!


I began by running swatches of each of my cardstocks through my Xyron machine. I die cut those and used a little creative cutting to get everything to fit together well. I trimmed the words out of my white frame and used it to sort of seal in the edges and give the whole piece a nice, finished edge. Then, I glittered the daylights out of the colorful parts. This achieved two things: it masked any minor seam issues and it made everything sparkly. I backed that finished piece with a piece of clear cardstock just to reinforce the text. I stamped a white card base with the sun and clouds from Up, Up, and Away in opposing corners (signifying good times and not so good times - since a true friend is there for both) and textured it with the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate. Finally, I mounted my glittered word frame onto the card using narrow strips of foam tape. Colorful and shimmery!

For my second project today, I wanted to go with a window card using my new die.


I began by Xyroning and die cutting a piece of white cardstock using the Text Block Friends Die. Then, I die cut several strips of Simply Chartreuse cardstock using the Loop De Loop Border Die. I used those strips to create a decorative border around the Text Block shape and adhered that piece to a panel of clear cardstock. Next, I trimmed a window in an Aqua Mist card front and white card base. I stamped and heat embossed the hearts background from Simple Valentine and adhered my Text Block piece in place with foam adhesive. Then, I die cut another frame from Berry Sorbet cardstock. I heat embossed the heart negative with clear powder to give it a shiny finish and then mounted it in place on my card front with foam adhesive.

That's all for me today, but Nichole is sharing her Text Block: Friends Die projects today, too, so make sure to check in over on her blog. Dawn McVey, Erin Lincoln, Heather Nichols, and Melissa Bickford are also sharing more with their new products over on their blogs today. I'll be back tomorrow with more of Putting Down Roots and the Text Block: Friends Die. I hope to see you then! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Recipes:
Text Block Rainbow Card
Stamps: Up, Up, and Away - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Clear Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Friends Die (available March 15th), Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron Machine

Text Block Window Card
Stamps: Simple Valentine - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Friends Die (available March 15th), Loop De Loop Border Die - Papertrey Ink; Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

6 comments:

Grace said...

Love the cards. I am so liking the friends covr plate. Love the card in rainbow colors. I can picture how to us it.

Elizabeth S. said...

Great cards! Love the text block dies.

jintyoo7 said...

Fun, fun design and just changing the background gives the card a completely different look (obviously, but I hope you know what I mean - LOL).

Helen F. said...

Two fabulous cards, Lizzie. I really like the white Love die with the red heart in the center of the "o" on the blue background~so sweet! :-)

Patt H. said...

I love both of these. I can hardly wait to try the ides myself!

Aileen said...

Beautiful cards, love this 'friends' die. Especially love the 2nd one.