Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Propose A Toast - Day 2

Welcome back to Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown. I'm so glad to see that you're all as excited about Propose A Toast as I am. This is such a fun little set and I'm really looking forward to sharing a couple of additional projects, so let's get to it!

My first card today uses the champagne flute to create an all-over pattern. I love how creating a pattern like this allows you to create a simple card that still makes a statement.


I began by stamping my flutes in a semi-random pattern with gray ink. I went back with Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, and Lavender Moon inks to fill in the glasses. Next, I die cut a banner from Aqua Mist cardstock using the Sketched Shapes dies and stamped and heat embossed my anniversary sentiment with white detail powder. I accented my sentiment with one of the swashes in the set using gray ink.


Then I die cut stitching holes using the stitching lines dies and stitched my sentiment banner to my card base. I left enough extra crochet thread to be able to finish my ends in a simple bow through a gray button and then I curved the sentiment banner a bit to give it a little movement. Clean and simple, just the way I like them.

My second card today features one of the longer "toast" sentiments.


I began by die cutting a circle from white cardstock and stamping it with my champagne flutes and fillers in Aqua Mist and Lemon Tart inks. I then stamped my sentiment over top of my imagery with gray ink and embellished the small heart embedded in the sentiment with a touch of glitter.


Next, I die cut a window into a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock using the Mat Stack 4 die. Then, I sprayed it with Pearl Glimmer Mist and gave it a bit of texture using the Tin Types impression plate before adhering it to a Soft Stone card base. Side note: I love the subtle shimmer that I get using mists and it helps the impression plate make more of an impact too. Bonus!


Next, I made double loops of Lemon Tart saddle stitched ribbon that I adhered to the card front. I mounted my focal panel atop the ribbon loops with foam adhesive and embellished the loops with self-adhesive pearls. I finished the card off by rounding the bottom corners.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you've enjoyed today's cards. Check back tomorrow for a couple of additional projects showcasing Propose A Toast. In the meantime Nichole, Heather, Dawn, Erin, Lexi, and Melissa have more to share with you. See you soon!

Recipes:
Anniversary Flutes Card
Stamps: Propose A Toast (available December 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, Lavender Moon - Papertrey Ink; gray pigment - Studio G; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Sketched Shapes Die Collection, Smoky Shadow Button - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; crochet thread

Hopes & Dreams Card
Stamps: Propose A Toast (available December 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Soft Stone - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink; gray pigment - Studio G
Other: Mat Stack 4 Die, Tin Types Impression Plate, Lemon Tart Saddle Stitched Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Pearl Glitter Mist - Tattered Angels; Self-adhesive Pearls - Mark Richards; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers; Foam Tape - Scotch; Crystal Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Circle Dies - Quickutz

6 comments:

Cindy O said...

Beautiful details and finishing on your aqua card! your champagne set is perfect for the occasion

Grace said...

Loved the cards. I like the colors you used on the cards. Also all the details that you added to the cards

TLady said...

VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE you've got some WEDDINGS to go to!!! YOU'LL BE SET!!!!!!!! :) LOOOOOOVE the first card with the glasses all over the piece---kind of Andy Warhol! AND the second one with the little window/die look! VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Sue said...

I really like the use of the champagne flute for your background design and incorporated colors for bubbly. Great idea!!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful :)

Susan Gosman said...

Simple and beautiful = simply beautiful