Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Papertrey Ink Countdown - Day 4

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to the fourth day of my projects featuring the Double Bow Die and Global Greetings: Christmas. I have a couple of additional cards to share with you today, so let's get to it!

Today's first card is a larger scale than I usually use (it's an A7 size), but I thought the larger canvas was better suited to showing off the Double Bow die.


The card itself is actually quite simple, but the bow gives it wonderful drama and texture. It's definitely a hand delivery number though, that's for sure! I began by die cutting and assembling my bow from Autumn Rose patterned paper. Then I stamped multiple floral and leaf images from Larger Than Life onto a Rustic White card base using a combination of Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, and Ripe Avocado inks.


I added the sentiment in Dark Chocolate and a few small flowers in Sweet Blush. I embellished the centers of the flowers with pearlized paint and mounted the bow with a bit of foam tape. It may seem silly to use foam tape here (does that bow really need more height?!), but it actually serves to make the bow lay flatter than it would if I were using Scor Tape. The loops in the bow aren't going to get any flatter, but by raising the center up just a tiny smidgen (it's only 1/16" thick) it keeps the center from looking like it's so deeply inset. It also takes a little pressure off the point of adhesion, so you don't have to worry about your bow popping off your card if you didn't press quite hard enough.

My second card is (strangely) on the small side. I created a 4Bar card by pairing Global Greetings: Christmas with Holiday Cheer and the In The Meadow dies.


I started by stamping an Aqua Mist panel with a snowy pattern using Fresh Snow ink and my sentiment using Pure Poppy ink (it looks brownish here, but I assure you it's closer in real life). I then adhered that to a white card base. Next, I die cut my snow drifts using the In The Meadow dies and trimmed them to fit my card front.


I stamped the tree trunks on the shallower drift and sponged the top edges of the dies before giving them a little texture with the Woodgrain impression plate. I used a glue pen to draw an adhesive line along the top edge of the dies and embellished them with glitter. Those were then added to the front of my card. Next, I die cut and stamped my trees. I mounted them to the front of the card with foam tape and added Glossy Accents to each of the bulbs for a realistic shine.

Thank you for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with one more day of countdown projects. I hope to see you then!

Recipes:
Gratitude Bouquet
Stamps: Larger Than Life, Think Big Favorites #16 - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White, Autumn Rose Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush - Papertrey Ink
Other: Double Bow Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Pearlized Paint - Scribbles

German Trees
Stamps: Global Greetings: Christmas, Holiday Cheer, Winter Snowglobe (snowflakes) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, New Leaf, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Woodgrain Impression Plate, Holiday Cheer Die Collection, In The Meadow Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Chunky Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Glue Pen - Zig

No comments: