Thursday, May 16, 2013

Birthday Time!

Hello, Friends! I hope your week has been a good one. There's been a lot of movin' and shakin' going on around here. My fella and I spent some time on our landscaping this week (so. much. mulch.) and I've been working on a big batch of cards for a local business to send to their employees. We're busy bees, but it's all good stuff. Another upcoming event is my youngest brother's birthday. Henry will be 14 tomorrow. It's hard to believe how quickly that seems to have happened!


So today I'm sharing the card I made to tuck into Henry's birthday gift. It's a pretty simple little ditty, but I hope he'll like it. I started by giving texture to the Terra Cotta Tile layer with the By The Numbers Impression Plate and mounted it to a white base. Next, I stamped the sentiment onto white stock and matted that with a bit of Limeade Ice. Those were then adhered to the Terra Cotta Tile card front. I stamped the balloons in Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist, and Terra Cotta Tile and hand cut those out. I adhered crochet thread to the back of each balloon and tied them into a bundle. The balloons were adhered with varying layers of foam tape to give the card a bit of dimension.

Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon.

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Style, Sketched Shapes - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Terra Cotta Tile, Limeade Ice - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Terra Cotta Tile, Limeade Ice, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; gray pigment - Studio G
Other: By The Numbers Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Crochet Thread

2 comments:

see mary stamp said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing.

Randi said...

He'll love it!