Friday, September 28, 2012

A Heartfelt Thank You

Dear, Blogland, y'all are some incredibly compassionate people. Over the past month I've received countless notes of encouragement, thoughtful (and beautiful) handmade cards, and little acts of kindness that have warmed my heart and kept me afloat. I owe all of you a hefty debt of gratitude. The last few weeks have served to reinforce my belief that the handmade community (be you of hobby or profession) is mostly composed of truly good and kind people that care about one another. Thank you for caring about me; I never expected the support I've received. I'm completely humbled.

I want to share a card today to thank those of you that I can't reach with a physical address. You have all been so wonderful and I hope you can feel the gratitude. The card may be virtual, but the sentiment behind it is very, very real.


I started by die cutting the vase, hydrangea bloom, and Photo Finishers strip and stamping them with their corresponding images (the vase was stamped with the crackle background that had been stamped off once to soften the color). Next, I stamped the stem and leaves and texturized the Aqua Mist layer. The sentiment strip was adhered to that panel before being added to a white base. The vase and hydrangea bloom were then added with foam tape. Finally, the bloom was embellished with a few rhinestones (colored with a marker to match).

Recipe:
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Soft Stone - Papertrey Ink; white
Stamps: Happy Hydrangea, Faux Ribbon (stem), Think Big Favorites #19, Crackled Mini Background - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Mega Gracious Vases Die, Happy Hydrangea Dies, Photo Finishers Dies, Tin Types Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; clear rhinestones - Darice; purple marker - Sharpie; foam tape - Scotch

2 comments:

Randi said...

You are most deserving of those wishes.

Cindy O said...

Hello Lizzie- just a note to say I CASEd your card (love this design!) and posted it on my blog, with credit to you, of course. Thanks so much for all of the beautiful work that you share with us!