Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Get Well Card

Hello, Blogland! I've been busy, busy, busy over here, but I wanted to pop in for a quick moment and share a card I made this weekend. I was in the mood for a "get well" card and I thought Dawn McVey's Candy Cane Christmas set would be just the ticket. I love that mug! It's so versatile. In addition to the peppermint stick images Dawn includes in the set, you can also make your own tea tags, stir sticks, and spoons for use all year round. Anyway, on to the card.


As usual, it's all pretty self-explanatory. I created my own patterned paper with Faux Ribbon and Background Basics: Retro. The tag is one of the small images from Butterfly Kisses punched out twice with a small circle punch and adhered on either side of a bit of perle cotton. I also flocked the steam to make it just a touch softer.


Thanks for checking in today! I have a couple of additional posts in the pipeline, so be sure to visit again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Linen Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Stamps: Candy Cane Christmas, Framed Out #5, Background Basics: Retro, Faux Ribbon, Butterfly Kisses - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink
Other: Small Scallops Die, Candy Cane Christmas Die, Winter Wisteria Twill, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Circle Dies - Quickutz; White Perle Cotton - DMC; White Fun Flock - Stampendous; Foam Tape - Scotch; glue pen; circle punch

4 comments:

Emma said...

Beautiful card Lizzie! Love the soft colours and the little tea bag sticking out, really cute.

Kara said...

Pretty card!! Love seeing this used as a non-holiday stamp!

~Anna said...

Beautiful!! I love this one. Tea? Lovely, lovely, lovely. It would absolutely lend me some wellness.

Susan said...

What a great idea!! Such a pretty card.