Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Sympathy Bouquet

Hello, Blogland! This weekend was a whole lot of fun, but I'm tuckered so I hope you don't mind if I keep this short.

Earlier this summer my grandmother passed away and I noticed a few things at the time. No one ever likes to have an occasion to make sympathy cards. I don't even know anyone that likes to buy them, but they are an unfortunate necessity and I'm more comfortable having a few on had for those moments when they're needed. So I plan to challenge myself to make a sympathy card once in awhile, just in case.


I used Larger Than Life for the focal image on this card. I feel like there are certain situations in which simpler is most certainly better, and sympathy cards fit into that category for me. So to make today's card I started by stamping one of the branches twice and adding in small flowers from the set. I then tied a simple bow around the panel with Rustic Jute Button Twine and embellished the flowers with just a touch of dimensional paint. The paint adds just a little luster without making the card flashy.


Next, I made the base from Kraft stamped with Background Basics Woodgrain and watermark ink. I wanted to tie in the blue flowers again, so I die cut a strip of Spring Rain cardstock with the Victorian Lace Border Die and adhered it along the left side of the card base. I mounted the floral focal panel with foam tape over the decorative strip and added a sentiment to finish it off.

I hop you like today's card and I hope you'll join me in challenging yourself to have a few tough-to-make cards on hand. I feel like I'm better prepared already. Have a good day and I'll see you next time.

Recipe:
Stamps: Larger than Life, Background Basics: Woodgrain, Birds of a Feather - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Spring Rain - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Spring Moss, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink; Versamark - Tsukineko
Other: Victorian Lace Border Die, Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; dimensional paint; foam tape

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.