Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rhythm & Soul Day 4

Welcome to day four of the June Papertrey Ink Release Countdown! Thank you all again for stopping by and leaving your generous comments and showing such enthusiasm for Rhythm & Soul. I'm so glad you're having as much fun as I am with these projects.


Today I wanted to make a congratulatory card featuring the fiddle. I am a firm believer that images don't always have to be realistically represented when it comes to color, so today we have a Berry Sorbet fiddle. Yay! Wouldn't that be fun? Somebody needs to get on that. Anyway, I started by cutting an asymmetrical base from white cardstock. I rounded one corner and set that aside. Next, I stamped the fiddle and the sentiment in Smoky Shadow ink. Then, I colored the fiddle with Prismacolor pencils and trimmed it out. I sponged the edges of the sentiment with Aqua Mist ink and matted it with a little piece of Summer Sunrise cardstock.


The next step was to cut a piece of Aqua Mist cardstock and stamp it with the smallest dots from Polka Dot Basics with Fresh Snow ink. I wanted even more texture, so I ran the Aqua Mist panel through my Cuttlebug with the Woodgrain Impression Plate. I love layering textures like that. Next, I punched out a scalloped strip of Berry Sorbet cardstock and hand-stitched it along the edge of the Aqua Mist layer before adhering that whole piece to the card base. Then, I adhered the sentiment to the front of the card and mounted the fiddle over top of it with foam adhesive.

Then I proceeded to stare at the card for a half an hour trying to decide if the card needed a rhinestone anywhere. In the end I decided that the card had plenty going on without the extra sparkle and I just needed to leave well enough alone.

I hope you've enjoyed today's card. Thanks so much for stopping by! For more amazing projects featuring new stamps for this month make sure to check out Nichole, Dawn, Heather, Maile, Melissa's blogs. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow with the last day of countdown projects.

Recipe:
Stamps: Rhythm & Soul (available June 15th), Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Fresh Snow, Aqua Mist, Smoky Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Woodgrain Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Decorative Edge Punch - Fiskars; Dark Gray Embroidery Floss (844) - DMC; Foam Adhesive - Scotch; Corner Chomper - We Are Memory Keepers; Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; sponge; mineral spirits

3 comments:

Donna said...

Your stamp set looks awesome, Lizzie. Love the coloring & the mix of colors. I'd have never come up with this mix, but it looks so good. Congrats again!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Aahhhhh, Lizzie, this is just SO beautiful! I love this set, and your projects have been so inspiring!

Unknown said...

Pretty and girly for the girls who love to make music!