Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Party Continues

Happy Valentine's Day, Blogland! Well, I'm back home after spending most of last week with family. It was nice, but I missed being home. I also missed being able to participate in the Papertrey anniversary challenges. So today I made sure to get my craft on!

Today's challenge was to make a sheet of handmade floral embellishments and incorporate them into a card. I chose to bust out some poppies thanks to Lisa Johnson's Remember set. I'll start by showing you the embellishments (please pardon the glare).


I stamped the large and small poppies and the poppy bud in charcoal ink. Then I used Terracotta Tile, Pure Poppy, and Sweet Blush for the solid images. I cut out the flowers and embellished them with all sorts of things. The larger poppies have buttons and Fun Flock. The smaller poppies have buttons, Fun Flock, and black rhinestones. Next, I stamped the leaves in Ripe Avocado and Spring Moss inks before cutting them out and attaching a small strip of foam tape to the back of all the images. I used Scor-Tape to attach all the bits & pieces to a sheet of acetate and then slipped the sheet into a greeting card sleeve. I created my topper in Illustrator and adhered that to the sleeve using Scor-Tape.


My card for today features the Blush poppy. The center of this one is the Fun Flock. I stamped the stem (though you could draw one if you were in a rush or didn't have your stamp handy) and sentiment onto white cardstock and layered that with a thin mat of Smoky Shadow. I attached the bloom and the leaves before mounting the focal panel to the Spring Moss base (already stamped with polka dots and tied with Sweet Blush twill).

I hope you've enjoyed today's project! Until next time, I wish you all a day filled with love. Ta-ta!

Recipe (for everything):
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Smoky Shadow - Papertrey Ink; white
Stamps: Remember, Polka Dot Basics 2 - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Terracotta Tile, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink; Charcoal, Noir - Palette
Ribbon: Sweet Blush Twill - Papertrey Ink
Other: black buttons; black embroidery floss - DMC; Foam Tape - Scotch; Black Fun Flock - Stampendous; Clear Rhinestone (colored with a Sharpie) - Darice; acetate; greeting card sleeve; Adobe Illustrator; glue pen

13 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

FAB! I love how you put them in the bag with the topper. Looks store bought!

Sue Ann said...

Well one thing is for sure ........ You got your craft on girl!!!

shelly said...

Very cute!!

Nadine said...

You did a great job on the challenge and I agree with the above comment that it looks store bought (that's a compliment, BTW)! :o)

Sammye Jo said...

So cute!!!

Sammye Jo
My Blog

(From the PTI Forum )

Angy said...

Love this card you made using your embellishments. Wonderful embellies too!

Rhonda said...

Love how you packaged the embellies!! Nicely don.

BethieJ said...

Oh these are so CUTE! Love the card too!

Geny said...

So so cute, love all those poppies, one of my favorite PTI sets for sure!

Joan B said...

OOH beautiful job on the card and the extra embellishments!

Jennifer K said...

Lizzie, these are awesome! Great colors and a great idea to package them with a bag topper!

Kim said...

This is amazing Lizzie. So professional looking - which I would totally expect since all of your work is beautiful!

Taheerah said...

Great set Lizzie, love your embellies!