Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Papertrey Ink Turns Three!

Hello Blogland! Did you know that Papertrey Ink turns three this year?! I am so excited and totally looking forward to the birthday festivities over the next couple of weeks. Today Nichole announced the stamp design team and issued a challenge to use one (or more) of a series of graphics created by this year's stamp designers to make a card. I would have loved to play along with each and every designer, but alas, time was not on my side toady. I chose the image that I was most pumped about at first sight to create my card. This cupcake image was designed by Heather Nichols and I am absolutely smitten. She always seems to design images that really get me ready to create something. I love that!


So to start today's card I downloaded the image from Heather's blog and printed it once on copy paper to get an idea of the size. I wanted the cupcake to have a little more weight on my card so I placed it in Illustrator and made it about twice the size it was in the original download (to be honest, I just eyeballed it - nothing fancy). I printed my cardstock with two images on a sheet (you could fit several more though) because I knew I wanted to die cut one into a circle and trim one out to pop with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment onto the circle with the cuppie and mounted the loose cupcake with aforementioned foam tape.


The focal panel was adhered to a scalloped circle and foam mounted to a 5 1/2" square base that had been stamped with polka dots and tied with ribbon. Finally, I bedazzled the heck out of the cupcake with glitter and called it good. Quick and easy and so much fun! I love it when a card comes together faster than I expect (especially when I love the finished result). Hope you're all enjoying the Papertrey festivities. Have a great time and I'll see you soon!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Digital Image: Cupcake - Heather Nichols (for Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics 2, Everyday Button Bits - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fresh Snow - Papertrey Ink; Burnt Umber - Palette
Ribbon: Lemon Tart Saddle Stitched Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Tools: Nesting Flowers, Nesting Circles Dies - Quickutz; Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers
Other: Frosted Lace Stickles - Ranger; Foam Tape - Scotch

6 comments:

Jackie Solomon said...

This is such an adorable card.

Chrissy said...

Love this card AND that you used the word "bedazzled!" Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow--your card is gorgeous and it never would have even occurred to me that since it was a digi image it could be manipulated, until you did it. An "aha" moment for me. Obviously, I haven't tried any digital designs yet. Really, your work is inspiring, and thanks for sharing! --Elena

Nadine said...

Such a sweet card Lizzie!! I really like how you cut the circle shape so the image was off-centered, I don't know why I didn't think of that. Im loving the bedazzled cupcake. Very nice!!

Kristen said...

Love it!

Joan B said...

you rocked this out of the park!