Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thankful For You

As I mentioned in my last post (you know, the one where I lamely explain my nearly six week absence), I am super thankful for all of you that stop by the blog and send emails and generally support all of my crafty endeavors. I am encouraged by each and every one of you! So in my appreciation I thought I might share a card that conveys a message full of gratitude.


I just got around to ordering Papertrey's Autumn stamps this month and I was nearly giddy with excitement when they arrived in the mail the other day. Fall is by far my favorite season and I know I will be getting quite a bit of use from the sets I ordered. One of the first things I did was stamp this acorn/oak leaf & vase image onto kraft cardstock. That image is perfect on Kraft. Am I right? Love it! I colored the image with an assortment of colored pencils and mineral spirits before adhering a swatch of frayed linen behind the main panel (the colored pencil ended up looking a little washed out in the photos, but trust that it's a little more vibrant in real life). I embellished the image with a little twine and a copper mini brad to really make it special.


Then, I took my trusty stitched stamp and added a little background goodness to a piece of Ripe Avocado cardstock. I realized that Papertrey's Rustic White cardstock was a perfect match to my linen, so I used that as my base rather than Vintage Cream (it really could have gone either way, but I'm quite fond of the Rustic White). I stamped the sentiment in white before mounting my main image panel to the base with a bit of foam tape.

I hope today's card pleases. I hope to be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, all the best!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Rustic White, Ripe Avocado, Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Autumn Abundance, 2009 Autumn Tags, Background Basics: Retro - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Frost White - Colorbox
Other: Copper Mini Brad - American Crafts; Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; Mineral Spirits; Linen

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really, really like this card. The colors are great, and the tone is very peaceful. I love your style in general, and I'm glad to see you're back.

xiumaiyuki said...

Hi. Stopped by ur blog thru PTI forum. You have a nice blog going here. I enjoyed going thru your wonderful posts and fabulous cards. Fall is my favorite time of he year as well and your card is fall perfection!!!

Heidi said...

Welcome back Lizzie! September tends to do the same to me. This card is beautiful!

Aimes said...

Hi Lizzie! Well it's sort of a relief to see I'm not the only one who's been too busy to blog - means I've got less to catch up on with yours anyways LOL!
I love your card - autumn is my fave season so this is a winner with me!
Aimes
x

Taheerah said...

Welcome back Lizzie! And what a great card to post for your 'comeback' - fab composition and a lovely, peaceful feel to it. I *love* that Autumn Tags font, I really need to get an order in for it soon!

Randi said...

You're welcome:-)