Monday, September 15, 2008

Holy Hurricane Batman!

Yesterday brought crazy gusts of wind. Hurricane Ike wrecked Ohio (nothing like Texas, but still more action than we usually see here). Frankly, I was surprised. We lost the internet around 3:00 in the afternoon and power followed at 4:30ish. Our power came back early this morning and was gone again by late afternoon. It is back for now. We'll see how long it lasts. I missed the Papertrey release party last night. I was bummed, but there wasn't much I could do about it so I tried not to dwell.

Anyway, I made bookplates for the release this month. I was really happy with how they turned out, so someone may get these for Christmas. Heck! A few people may get these for Christmas.



I used the Birds of a Feather nest and eggs along with one of the polka dot backgrounds in the Polka Dot Basics set. I used the Simple Alphabet to create my text. The name line is actually the high-wire stamp from the Birds set. I covered the eggs with Glossy Accents so they would have a little dimension without adding bulk. I put the bookplates in one of the Papertrey Nugget Tins decorated with ribbon.

I ordered a couple of Christmas sets this morning (you know, while the internet was working) so I will be pumping up the holiday fun shortly. Hold on to your Santa socks, people!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft - Papertrey Ink, White - Strathmore
Ink: Moonlight White - Brilliance, Dark Chocolate & Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Simple Alphabet, Polka Dot Basics, Birds of a Feather - Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: 1/4" brown satin - American Crafts, Hemp Cord - Darice, Aqua Mist Twill - Papertrey Ink
Other: Nugget Tin - Papertrey Ink, Glossy Accents - Ranger, Corner Rounder - EK Success

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thought these were really elegant - very smart.