Friday, August 15, 2008

Guest Star Stamper Submission

No luck on the Guest Star Stamper contest. Nichole still has the Honorable Mentions to announce, but that won't be for a few days. The projects this month were amazing! There are some really talented ladies in the paper crafting community.

At any rate here is my submission:



I wanted to create a message board for our house that wasn't super girly or frilly. Luckily, I had picked up a small cork board earlier this summer that I thought would work out perfectly. I stamped the trees from Father Knows Best and Boards & Beams along with the branch from Beautiful Blooms on some natural colored weaver's cloth. I used the rock & roll technique (ink the entire image in one color and roll the outer edges in a different color) to ink the tops of the trees and the leaves on the branch. That way there was a little more visual texture to the images. I adhered the fabric to the board and sponged all of the edges with dark chocolate ink (Note: to sponge the inner edge, I covered the cork with painter's tape so it would stay clean). I also pulled a few threads from the edges to give the fabric a worn look. Then, I added some olive stitched ribbon to the bottom of the cork board and through two hooks on the back. That way the cork board can hang from a single nail and will be easier to straighten. The ribbon is secured with two antique copper brads.



My finishing touch is the embellished push pins. I stamped leaf images from Father Knows Best on the cloth and cut them into 1/2" circles. I adhered the circles to flat headed push pins with glue dots. I did the same thing with vintage buttons tied with hemp cord. I love the way it turned out! Thanks for stopping by...

Recipe:
Stamps: Father Knows Best, Beautiful Blooms, Boards & Beams - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Dark Olive Chalk - Colorbox
Ribbon: Olive stitched - Michaels
Fabric: Natural Weaver's Cloth - Joann's
Brads: Antique Copper Square - Gary Burlin
Other: Cork board - Target

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't imagine that you didn't win! This is beautiful and so creative.

Heidi said...

Lizzie I just love this board!!!! You did a wonderful job on it.