Friday, July 18, 2008

Who Doesn't Love A Cupcake?



Oooh! Oooh! I love a cupcake! I do! I do! I also love these cupcake stamps from Papertrey's It's A Celebration stamp set. They are such sweet little things. Bite size even. I'm hungry....Anyway, I stamped these cute little guys and added Liquid Applique to their tops. That stuff is so nifty because, depending on how you use it, you can get two totally different looks. This is the heat set method. You squeeze your Applique onto your project and blast it with a heat gun for a few moments. Voila! You can also leave it alone and let it dry and it is all slick and shiny. I use the heat set method quite a bit because I think it looks like frosting. Every card I've made in the last 6 months that featured a cake or cupcake used heat set Applique.

The cupcakes are on layered bases that are mounted on foam tape (love that foam tape). I also snuggled a little rhinestone on the top of each cupcake to give it a little pizzaz. I think the color scheme is neutral enough that this could be a boy or girl card. Even boys like a little rhinestone action once in awhile. Have a good day!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft - PTI, White - Strathmore, Blue & Brown - Bazzill
Ink: Dark Chocolate - PTI, Moonlight White - Brilliance
Stamps: It's a Celebration, Birthday Basics, Polka Dot Basics - PTI
Liquid Applique - Marvy
Rhinestones - Darice
Punches: Circles - Creative Memories, Corner Rounders - EK Success
Other: Foam Tape

No comments: